Love

 

You glance at me with that look,

I know it so well.

It comes from me partly,

Touches my heart but my heart is tough.

I wonder if yours is yet.


No, I remember the chinks 

through which 

those few bitter tears,

held back so long,

They'd almost dried 

before they dropped,

Fell, 

Like a sharp acid rain. 




My mother used to say;

I love you more than life itself !

Perhaps you'll understand one day,

I'd roll my eyes ( inwardly of course )

But now I do.


There are so many things in life to love,

But so few of them worth loving without you,

I hope you know it one day too.


I see the heavy storms ahead and hope

I can be there to guide you through.



-





No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Change Somebody's Mind 2 I am thinking of you like a landscape Wow, what kind ? Vast, expansive, apparently flat and empty, but w...