Beginnings

 

Sometimes I try to imagine

My mother, walking in the gloaming,

Clutching her too small coat across

the shame that wasn't me,

but poverty. 


Anne Boyer speaks of beds 

And I think of Nurse Moon, her head

bent as she works her skill with

scissors, setting me free,

To enter silently. 


Story tells how the house holds its breath,

Listeners awaiting a joyful cry,

But I am quiet, my breath is small,

Sipping air involuntarily,

Life entering so slowly


                     *


Other times I try to remember,

My Mother in her final bed,

Her head so cool as I kissed it 

Gasping for air again,

Now silent,  once more in pain. 



                   **











No comments:

Post a Comment

Poms

  Fragrant remnants Echoing voices Aeolian mail Featherlight mantle Sweet smelling totem Mandelbrot root Chafe velvet Offer cheek Lip song S...