Whom

 

I look for myself in my lists,

Long, forgotten piles of thoughts

And good ideas,

Links, between things,

and I.


I is the gap between thinking.

I is the hand that gathered

the broken pieces of the pot,

and poured them into

a space within my mind.


I is on a map somewhere,

One of those drawn up differently,

Connecting places with thoughts,

A cerebral landscape 

With colours so bright

The synaptic leaps are astounding. 


I is not to be found

in this mirror,

or that.

Even the one that shows me

waving,

Though I didn't mean to be.

That image is so flat

it fades into some other interior

part of its pattern,


Like mottled wallpaper.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Change Somebody's Mind 2 I am thinking of you like a landscape Wow, what kind ? Vast, expansive, apparently flat and empty, but w...