My cousin Jack

 

My cousin Jack,

Wild child,

Looked like Twiggy in her teens,

Gave her coat to a stranger once 

Because they said they liked it.

And so when she went missing,

My mother kept repeating,

She hasn't got a coat,

she hasn't even got a coat.

She left without a coat upon her back.

Jack, why did you do that,

Please come back. 


                     -


Together in the dark cinema,

They eye the neon EXIT signs.

Holding hands throughout the film,

Squeezing hard at scary parts,

They share each other's fears.


                      -


Everyone wants to die sometimes, she said, buttering her toast. 

Not me, I said, because sometimes, you have to lie. 

Why ???? !

Because life's shit then you die, came her sharp reply,

Then turned her gaze directly upon me,

So I began to cry. 



All originally written for #satsplat

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Change Somebody's Mind 2 I am thinking of you like a landscape Wow, what kind ? Vast, expansive, apparently flat and empty, but w...